Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in an Acro Pilot course, an individual must :
- Be a certified APPI Advanced SIV Pilot.
- Present APPI SIV Certification, within the past 6 months.
- Have completed a minimum 3 day course on practical, preparation, technical and safety, under supervision of an APPI Acro Instructor.
- Have completed a minimum of 8 to 10 flights/ training sessions, with radio supervision.
- Respect APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards to follow the instructions.
- If not an APPI Advanced SIV Pilot, successfully complete the APPI Advanced SIV pilot’s equivalence.
Training and Certification
APPI Acro Pilot Certification, must be validated by an APPI Accro & D-bag trainer. APPI Pilot candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements.
To apply for certification, the certifying APPI Instructor submits online a completed, signed Pilot Application to APPI website, along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI D-BAG Pilot Certification Card.
Acro Pilots do not require separate renewal – they are renewed when APPI Advanced Pilots renew their membership annually.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- Acro. training pilot specialty requirements
- APPI Piloting Progression
- APPI Flight Logbook for Solo Pilot