Having already reached the APPI Pilot level, an Advanced APPI Pilot is qualified to continue APPI Paragliding Education, to improve his performance skills, knowledge and is ready to go Pro.
Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in a APPI Advanced Pilot course, an individual must :
- Be certified as a APPI Solo Pilot, with both Alpine and soaring validation. Or have a qualifying certification from another training organization (see equivalence standard).
- Minimum age of 16 years old (with authorization of legal representative and according to local rules).
- Minimum one year experience and registered 200 flights/100 hours on logbook or 120 flights under APPI instructor’s supervision or from another training organization (via equivalence).
- Have been flying in a minimum 10 different sites, alpine and soaring.
- Complete 3 days APPI Advanced SIV Course and present APPI Advanced SIV Certification.
- Complete XC course and present XC certification.
- Complete theoretical course, with 5 chapters (Aerodynamic, Meteorology, Legislation, Material science, Flight practice). Each chapter must be signed by the instructor.
- Be approved in the practical exams (three flights solo) and theoretical exams (100 questions in 5 chapters: equipment, aerodynamics, weather, technique of fly, rule and regulation); oral and/or writing.
- Respect APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards. When flying in a new site (and where APPI Schools are available), contact the local APPI School to participate in a free welcome day and receive assistance with local information.
Training and Certification
APPI Advanced Pilots Certification must be validated by two different APPI instructors (or higher rating status). APPI Advanced Pilot candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements. To apply for certification, the certifying APPI Instructor submit online a completed, signed Pilot Application to APPI website, along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Certification Card.
To renew annually, the pilot submits online a payment of membership dues. Automatically APPI’s Certification Card is validated and membership is reactivated.
- APPI Response Awareness
- APPI Logbook
- APPI Advanced Pilot Progression Form
- APPI Advanced Pilot Exam