Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in an Advanced SIV Pilot course, an individual must:
- Be a certified APPI Basic SIV Pilot. Or have a qualifying certification from another training organization (see equivalence standard).
- Have completed a minimum 3 day course on practical, preparation, technical and safety, by supervision of an APPI SIV Instructor.
- Have completed a minimum 8 to 10 flights/ training sessions, with radio supervision.
- Respect APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards to follow the instructions.
- If not an Advanced APPI SIV Pilot, successfully complete the APPI Advanced SIV course equivalence.
Training and Certification
APPI Advanced SIV Pilots Certification, must be validated by an APPI SIV instructor. APPI Advanced Pilot candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements. To apply for certification, the certifying APPI Instructor submits a completed, signed Pilot Application to the appropriate APPI Office along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Advanced SIV Pilot Certification Card.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- SIV Pilot specialty requirements
- APPI Piloting Progression
- APPI Flight Logbook for Solo Pilot