Prerequisites/ Course contents/ Obligation
To enroll in an APPI Advanced Tandem Pilot an individual must :
- Be certified as an Non-commercial Tandem Pilot or hold a certification with another recreational paragliding training organization.
- Have completed an APPI SIV Tandem Course within the past six months.
- Have completed and logged at least one cross country tandem flight of minimum 35km, having a certified pilot as a passenger.
- Submit documentation of any other qualifying certifications.
- If not an Non-commercialTandem Pilot, successfully complete the APPI Tandem Pilot equivalence.
Training and Certification
Advanced Tandem Pilots candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements to be certified as APPI Advanced Tandem Pilots.
To apply for certification, the certified APPI XC Instructor submit online a completed, validated Advanced Tandem Pilot Application to APPI website, along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable).
Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Advanced Tandem Pilot Certification Card.
To renew annually, an APPI Advanced Tandem Pilot submits a Membership Agreement with payment of membership dues. Pilots who have let their memberships lapse will need to fulfill additional requirements designated by the APPI Training and Quality Management Department before regaining on status.
- APPI Response Awareness
- APPI Advanced Tandem Pilot Progression Form