Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in an APPI D-BAG Pilot course, an individual must:
- Be a certified APPI Advanced SIV Pilot.
- Have completed a 3 day APPI D-BAG Course, within maximum 6 months.
- Have completed a 2 day course on practical, preparation, technical and safety, under supervision of an APPI D-BAG Instructor.
- Have completed a minimum of 4 deployments, under supervision.
- Respect APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards to follow the instructions.
Training and Certification
APPI D-Bag Pilots Certification, must be validated by an APPI D-BAG trainer. APPI Advanced SIV Pilots candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements. To apply for certification, the certifying APPI Instructor submits online a completed, signed Pilot Application to APPI website, along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI D-BAG Pilot Certification Card.
D-BAG Pilots do not require separate renewal – they are renewed when APPI Pilots renew their membership annually.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- APPI D-BAG pilot specialty requirements
- APPI Piloting Progression
- APPI Flight Logbook for Solo Pilot