Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in an Group leader an individual must:
- Be certified as an APPI Tandem Pilot.
- Completed a 2 day leader Assistance, with supervision of an APPI Fly guide instructor.
- Be approved on Practical and Audition Exams and validated by APPI Fly guide instructor
- Or have validated experience by sending request to APPI
Training and Certification
APPI Group Leader has two phases; a training phase and an evaluation phase. Instructor candidates who have successfully completed the training Program can be validated. The certification must be validated by an certified APPI XC instructor. Group Leader candidates must satisfactorily complete all course requirements to be certified as APPI Group Leader Pilots.
To apply for equivalence certification, all document have to be submited on-line, applications should be sent to APPI website, along with the required photo, application, and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Group leader card.
Group Leader status does not require separate renewal.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- APPI Guide requirements