APPI Master Instructors are experienced pilots educators who have achieved the highest APPI Instructor ratings. Master Instructors have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the APPI System of Paragliding Education and have experience of conducting the large range of programs and courses.
Master Instructors are members who influences changes to programs and standards. APPI Master Instructor follow APPI Education System and are representatives of APPI.
Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To apply for the Master Instructor rating, an instructor must:
- Have been an active APPI Instructor for at least two years.
- Be certified as an APPI Specialty Instructor, with one or more specialty ratings.
- Have issued at least 5 APPI Instructor certifications.
- Have certified at least 50 students as APPI Pilots, with at least 10% of the certifications on APPI Specialty Pilot.
- Have completed three Instructor Course Assistance, by supervision of an APPI Master Instructor.
- Use the complete APPI System of Paragliding Education including all appropriate APPI training materials when conducting APPI programs.
- Issue APPI as the primary certification, and conduct all APPI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with APPI Standards and philosophy as outlined in the APPI Instructor Manual.
- Have no verified Quality Assurance violations within the past six months and no open quality assurance inquiries in progress. (A member in Review status may not qualify for Master Instructor until the Review status is lifted.)
- You need to participate to an APPI workshop and your application must be approved by the pedagogical committee.
The Master Instructor candidate must send application to APPI and be certified by the Paragliding Pedagogical committee .
To renew annually, an APPI Master Instructor submits a Membership Agreement online to APPI website, with payment of membership fees.
*Note: APPI Master Instructors retain their rating by being APPI members in good standing. This rating may be rescinded or suspended if found in violation of APPI Standards during a Quality Assurance inquiry.