Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
- Be certified as an APPI Pilot, with APPI or with another paragliding training organization.
- Be a certified APPI XC Pilot, with Cross Country Certification.
- Have a SIV specialty.
- Complete a 3 to 5 days course, progression and procedures, under instructor’s supervision.
- Complete a full training session and preparation for competition, under instructor’s supervision.
- If not an APPI Solo Pilot, successfully complete an APPI Solo Pilot course equivalence.
- Respect APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards to follow the instructions.
Training and Certification
APPI Performance Pilots Certification must be validated by an APPI XC instructor.
APPI Pilot candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements.
To apply for certification, the certifying APPI Instructor submits online a completed, signed Pilot Application to APPI website, along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Performance Pilot Certification Card.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- XC & Performance specialty requirements
- APPI Piloting Progression
- APPI Flight Logbook for Solo Pilot