Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in a SIV Tandem Pilot course, an individual must:
- Be a certified Non-commercial Tandem Pilot, or have a qualifying certification from another training organization (see equivalence standard),
- Have completed a minimum of 3 day course on practical, preparation, technical and safety, under the supervision of an APPI SIV Instructor.
- Have completed a minimum of 8 to 10 flights/ training sessions, with radio supervision.
- Respect APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standard and follow the instructions.
Training and Certification
APPI SIV Tandem Pilot Certification, must be validated by an APPI SIV Instructor certified. APPI Pro Tandem Pilot candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements. To apply for certification, the certifying APPI SIV Instructor submits on-line a completed, signed Pilot Application to the appropriate APPI Office along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI SIV Tandem Pilot Certification Card.
APPI SIV Tandem Pilots do not require separate renewal – they are renewed when APPI Tandem Pilots renew their membership annually.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- SIV Tandem Pilot specialty requirements