Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll as a SIV Instructor an individual must:
- Be certified as an Instructor for at least one year, with APPI or with another paragliding training organization.
- Have completed a minimum of 25 APPI Solo Pilot formations.
- Present SIV Certification, and recognized participation in acrobatics competitions.
- Have completed 3 APPI SIV Course Assistance, documented and signed by the Instructors.
- Be approved on theoretical, Practical and Audition Exams, which means to give one full SIV course to real students, under one Master SIV Instructor supervision.
- Be certified as an APPI Rescue Packing Provider or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
Note: This Certification may happen at the same time as the formation.
- Submit documentation of any qualifying certifications by another paragliding training organization.
- If not an APPI Instructor, successfully complete the APPI Instructor course equivalence.
Training and Certification
APPI SIV Specialist Instructor has two phases, a training phase and an evaluation phase. ONLY Instructor candidates who have successfully completed the training Program may enroll in the exams. The exams must have one certified SIV & Acro master instructor to validate the certification. Instructor candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements to be certified as APPI SIV Specialist Instructors.
To apply for certification, the certifying Master Instructor submits on-line a completed, validated Instructor application to APPI website, along with the required photo, application fee, and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI instructor card.
Specialty Instructor status does not require separate renewal – they are renewed when APPI instructors renew their membership annually.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- SIV and Acro. Instructor specialty requirements