Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in a XC Pilot an individual must :
- Be certified as an APPI Pilot, with APPI or with another paragliding training organization.
- Have completed 3 to 5 days progression course, with an APPI instructor’s supervision.
- Have completed the Cross Country progressive form
- Have completed minimum one cross country flight with at least 30 km.
- If not an APPI Pilot, successfully complete an APPI course equivalence.
- Respect APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards to follow the instructions.
Training and Certification
APPI Cross Country Pilot Certification, must be validated by an APPI Cross Country instructor. APPI Pilot candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements.
To apply for certification, the certifying APPI Instructor submits online a completed, signed Pilot Application to APPI website, along with the required photo, application fee and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Cross Country Pilot Certification Card.
Cross Country Pilots do not require separate renewal – they are renewed when APPI Pilots renew their membership annually.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- XC & Performance specialty requirements
- APPI Piloting Progression
- APPI Flight Logbook for Solo Pilot