Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
- Be certified as an Instructor for at least one year, with APPI or with another paragliding training organization.
- Have completed a minimum of 25 APPI Solo Pilot formations.
- Present Cross Country Certification, minimum 2 cross country 25 km and listing of challenge (see cross country instructor’s form).
- Be approved on Practical and Audition Exams, which means to give one full Cross Country course to real students, under one Master Instructor’s supervision.
- Submit documentation of any qualifying certifications by another paragliding training organization.
- If not an APPI Instructor, successfully complete an APPI Instructor course equivalence.
Training and Certification
The exams must have one Master Instructor (minimum) to validate the certification. Instructor candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements to be certified as APPI Cross Country Specialist Instructors.
To apply for certification, the certified Master Instructor (having the specialty XC instructor), submits on-line a completed and signed application, along with the required photo, application fee, and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Cross Country Instructor card.
Specialty Instructor status does not require separate renewal – they are renewed when APPI Instructors renew their membership annually.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form