A - Prerequisites
To enroll in an APPI 1 Discover Pilot course, an individual must:
Have the minimum age in accordance with local rules (Federation/ Civil Aviation/ Army, etc), and have the authorization of a parent/guardian if of minor age.
B - Training
The training includes basic theoretical knowledge about weather, mechanics of flight, air-laws, piloting and equipment, mental state awareness and emotional control. On the field, emphasis will be put on ground handling tasks and essential safety procedures. High flights might be performed but are not necessary for the qualification.
C - Qualification
To validate APPI1 Discover pilot qualification, the student must
- Attend a minimum 3 days course with a certified instructor. This includes a minimum of 1 day ground handling.
- Have Completed the theoretical, ground handling and practical tasks described in the APPI logbook in the APPI1 open sky pilot section.
D- APPI rules
According to APPI rules, an APPI 1 discover pilot may only fly under instructor supervision with radio communication.
During high flights APPI 1 discover pilot must carry certified emergency parachute.
When validating an APPI level, the APPI instructor is responsible to ensure that the student can perform all the required tasks for the APPI level certification. The instructors decisions are final with no right of appeal..
APPI certification awarded to a pilot is internal to the APPI organization and shows no particular right in the country where the activity is done unless APPI certification is recognized by local authorities. check with them if such an agreement exists
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- APPI 1 Doscover Pilot certification requirements
- APPI Logbook for Solo Pilot