A - Prerequisites
To enroll in an APPI 2 Explore Pilot course, an individual must:
- Be certified as an APPI 1 discover pilot or have a qualifying certification from another training organization equivalent to FAI IPPI 1.
- Have the minimum age in accordance with local rules (Federation/ Civil Aviation/ Army, etc), and have the authorization of a parent/guardian if of minor age.
B - Training
The training includes theoretical knowledge about weather, mechanics of flight, air-laws, piloting and equipment. Mental state management and self analysis. In the field, its about improvement of ground handling skills, high flights and mastering of safety procedures.
C - Qualification
To validate APPI 2 explore pilot qualification, the student must:
Have attended a minimum 10 days course in total with a certified instructor.
Have Completed the theoretical, ground handling and practical tasks described in the APPI logbook in the APPI2 adventure pilot section.
Have logged a minimum of 10 high flights under instructor’s supervision (signed in the logbook).
D - APPI rules
According to APPI rules, an APPI 2 explore pilot may fly only under instructor supervision with radio communication.
During high flights APPI 2 explore pilot must carry a certified emergency parachute.
When validating an APPI level, the APPI instructor is responsible to ensure that the student can perform all the required tasks for the APPI level certification. The instructors decisions are final with no right of appeal..
APPI certification awarded to a pilot is internal to the APPI organization and shows no particular right in the country where the activity is done unless APPI certification is recognized by local authorities. check with them if such an agreement exists.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- APPI qualification requirements
- APPI Logbook for Solo Pilot