Prerequisites/ Course Contents/ Obligation
To enroll in a APPI Open Sky Pilot course, an individual must :
- Be a minimum age of 14 years old, with authorization of legal representative, and in accordance with local rules (Federation/ Civil Aviation/ Army, etc).
- Enroll in a minimum 5 days course with a certified instructor. This includes a minimum of 3 days ground handling.
- Complete a theoretical course on basic paragliding knowledge (five chapters).
- Complete the practical, analyze, technique and mental preparation stage 1
Training and Certification
APPI Solo Pilots candidates must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements by following progressions. To apply for certification, the certifying APPI Instructor submits online a completed, signed Pilot Application to APPI website, along with the required photo and application fee. Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI Certification Card.
- APPI Contact Evaluation Form
- APPI Pilot certification requirements
- APPI Flight Logbook for Solo Pilot