Pro-courses are designed for teaching tandem or teaching instruction to people that have no experience in those fields, or an experience below the required experience for pro-workshops.
Pro-workshops are designed for validation of experimented tandem pilots or instructors that want to have their skills recognized in APPI.
APPI offers 5 types of classes:
APPI tandem pro-course: recommended duration 12 days.
APPI tandem pro-workshop: recommended duration 7 days.
APPI assistant instructor pro-course pure pedagogy: recommended duration 20 days.
APPI instructor pro-workshop pure pedagogy: recommended duration 8 days.
APPI full tandem + instructor pro-workshop, for specific public having extremely broad experience in instruction AND tandem operating, and deep theory knowledge. Recommended duration 9 days.
Tandem pilots or instructors whose experience does not match the requirement to enter the tandem or the instructor pro-workshop shall apply for the pro-course.
Also experienced tandem pilots or instructors having no opportunity to attend a pro-workshop may take advantage of a pro-course to validate their skills in APPI. In that case their experience will be taken in consideration according to the pro-workshop experience requirements. They may present the exam at the end of the course and get the certification they deserve according to their skills, knowledge, and experience upon APPI standards.
APPI pro-workshops are seminars intended for tandem pilots and instructors who are already working as professionals - whether they have a certification from another education system or not - and want to have their skills recognized in the APPI system.
They are also designed for APPI certified professionals that want to update and refresh their knowledge.
Pro-workshops are also open to individual pilots that want to get the latest knowledge about gear ageing, flight mechanics and piloting, performance flying, weather forecasting and safety. Individual pilots attending for knowledge improvement do not take exam and no certification is issued.
A) General requirements to register for a Pro-workshop.
in order to get an APPI professional qualification at the end of the course you must:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Submit a first aid certificate.
- Submit proof of advanced SIV certified by an APPI SIV master or video showing the following mandatory maneuvers:
- Spiral dive damped exit.
- Pitch control.
- Stall, back fly, exit.
- Spin 360 degrees mini., exit.
- Maintained asymmetrical collapse, autorotation SAT type, exit.
The footage will be made from two cameras, one on the ground, the other one on the knee or the foot. And edit of that type will be provided: youtu.be/aYkBDtdm284.
Submit a video Video of tandem flight featuring Safety procedures according to APPI (cf APPI tandem-routine), takeoff approach and landing, and the timed maneuvers of the APPI exam (720° and figure 8) (cf tandem pro-workshop info).
If the master in charge has any doubt about practical skills, he might ask for a solo demo flight prior to any tandem flight.
Solo tasks include:
- clean take off with safety check,
- spiral 720° exit on axis in less than 15 sec glider stabilized,
- pitch and pitch control,
- landing with 4 sec minimum straight final in a 15m diameter target.
B) TANDEM PRO-WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS
You are an experienced Tandem pilot and you want to have your skills recognized in the APPI system you should attend a tandem Pro-workshop and pass its exams.
- To qualify for APPI non commercial tandem pilot, you should provide proof of a minimum of:
- 2 years paragliding activity,
- 50 tandem flights as pilot documented.
- To qualify for APPI pro tandem pilot, you should provide proof of a minimum of:
- 3 years experience paragliding activity,
- one year tandem operating,
- 150 tandem flights as pilot documented.
Contents and Exams are similar to APPI tandem courses.
Upon the result of the exam, if not failed, the master instructor in charge may validate Non Commercial Tandem Pilot status as either “pending” or “validated”, or APPI pro tandem pilot status as either “pending” or “validated”.
C) INSTRUCTOR PRO-WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS
You are an experienced Instructor and you want to have your skills recognized in the APPI system you have to attend first a tandem pro-workshop or a tandem pro-course and validate at least non commercial tandem pilot. Then apply for an instructor Pro-workshop and pass their exams.
Instructor pro-workshop is fully focused on pedagogy applied to paragliding teaching, and guiding safety procedures and techniques.
- To qualify for APPI instructor proworkshop, you should provide proof of a minimum of:
- 4 years paragliding activity,
- 2 years tandem operating, 150 tandem flights as pilot,
- 2 years instructor activity,15 students taught from first flights to first autonomy (IPPI 3),
- at least non commercial tandem validated thru APPI proworkshop or pro-course (not by equivalence).
Contents and Exams are similar to APPI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR course.
If the exam is not fully validated, the master in charge will give to the participant a clear road-map of what they need to do to improve. Standard procedure is that the participant should re-take the exams at a forthcoming pro workshop, repeat attendance of the full workshop is usually not mandatory unless the master advises it.
• Each Pro-workshop concludes with a highest possible certification of APPI instructor in progress
D) INSTRUCTOR FINAL EXAM
- If the following key points are validated:
- Glider’s trim control,
- APPI system exam,
- at least non commercial tandem qualification, with tandem operation showing perfect procedures,
- pedagogical session,
- student guiding solid and professional,
- theory grade above or equal to 4/5. Then the student is eligible for the final Instructor exam.
Instructor validation is obtained thru a check with a master after the end of the workshop. During this check, the student has to:
• show they handle perfectly the APPI website, documents and student registration….
• show they master APPI pedagogical tools,
• give theoretical course to students,
• give practical course in the field prepared with the APPI session tool,
• show good safety management.
If the practical course does not involve flight, they will also guide at least one student at take off, in flight and in approach and landing.
Instructors with Swiss or French tandem or instructor certification may contact the secretary for simplified procedure. This simplified procedure gives limited prerogatives and excludes tandem certification. To get full prerogatives attend a pro-workshop is mandatory.
F) Permanent actualisation
APPI tandem pilots, assistant instructors or instructors are encouraged to attend Pro-workshop when they have the chance. This leads to an update of the certification date added to the pilot’s APPI profile, and will certify that the tandem pilot or APPI instructor updated his knowledge.
APPI does not make any profit on the workshops, the price is fixed freely by the masters who organize it. We strive to keep a low cost to enable everyone to participate.
List of the forthcoming pro-workshops and pro-courses:
With: Shahin Fallah, yigit yildirim
Collaborating school: Iran Paragliding School.
For information and registration : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro-workshop 78 - Tandem, India, Maldevta, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, From 03 Mar 2020 until 10 Mar 2020
With: Amarjit(Avi) Malik, Roland Dorozhani
Collaborating school: Temple Pilots Paragliding School.
1. 3 Day Pilot Theory - 120 USD / 8500 INR
2. 5 (Theory) + 1 (Training) + 1 (Exam) (1 extra day for bad weather)
Tandem Workshop - 400 USD / 28000 INR
Local Hosts - HASA : Himalayan Aero Sport Association, Uttarakhand
For booking/assistance/queries get in touch with Sachin Pathare - APPI Assistant Instructor - +919820277975, email@example.com
With: Manu Bonte .
For information contact the school Denizli Paragliding In Turkey:
With: Marko Hrgetic
Collaborating school: Paragliding school Flumen (Escuela de Vuelo).
Pro-workshop Tandem pilot, Bolivia, 20th to 28th March 2019, with Master Instructor Marko Hrgetic.
For any information and registration : firstname.lastname@example.org
With: Manu Bonte, Naohisa Okada
Collaborating school: JMB Fujimi Panorama Paraglider School.
Pro-workshop Maintenance for Control & Maintenance Expert.
More Information and registration, tel/whatsapp: +81 90 1461 5005, email: email@example.com
Previous pro-workshops and pro-courses:
- Pro-workshop 71 - Tandem, Turkey, Oludeniz, From 12 Jan 2020 until 18 Jan 2020
- Pro-workshop 65 - Tandem + Instructor, Russia, Sochi, Krasnaja Polyana, From 07 Dec 2019 until 17 Dec 2019 i
- Pro-workshop 68 - Tandem, Turkey, ., From 26 Nov 2019 until 01 Dec 2019 i
- Pro-workshop 69 - Tandem, Colombia, ., From 24 Nov 2019 until 30 Nov 2019 i
- Pro-course 70 - Tandem, Greece, Mount Olympus, From 17 Nov 2019 until 24 Nov 2019 i
- Pro-workshop 66 - Tandem, Peru, Cusco, From 14 Nov 2019 until 20 Nov 2019 i
- Pro-course 61 - Tandem, Mexico, Valle de Bravo, From 13 Nov 2019 until 18 Nov 2019 i
- Pro-course 64 - Instructor, Greece, Mount Olympus, Kokkinopilos, From 15 Oct 2019 until 31 Oct 2019 i
- Pro-workshop 60 - Tandem, Greece, Mount Olympus, Kokkinopilos, From 05 Oct 2019 until 11 Oct 2019 i
- Pro-workshop 59 - Instructor, Colombia, Cocorná, From 19 Aug 2019 until 25 Aug 2019
- Pro-workshop 58 - Tandem + Instructor, Russia, Moscow, From 30 May 2019 until 07 Jun 2019
- Pro-course 53 - Tandem, Macedonia, Krushevo, From 17 May 2019 until 26 May 2019
- Pro-course 55 - Tandem, India, Kamshet, Maharashtra, From 06 May 2019 until 15 May 2019
- Pro-workshop 54 - Tandem, Colombia, Jericó, From 22 Apr 2019 until 01 May 2019
- Pro-course 50 - Tandem, Greece, Mount Olympus Olympic Wings Neos Panteleimonas 60065 Pieria, From 30 Mar 2019 until 06 Apr 2019
- Pro-workshop 52 - Tandem, United Arab Emirates, Al Fayah, Dubai/Sharjah, From 05 Mar 2019 until 06 Mar 2019
- Pro-workshop 51 - Instructor, Colombia, Apia, From 04 Feb 2019 until 28 Feb 2019
- Pro-course 49 - Tandem, Mexico, Valle de Bravo, From 22 Nov 2018 until 28 Nov 2018
- Pro-course 47 - Tandem, France, Rotherens 73110, From 25 Jun 2018 until 02 Jul 2018
- Pro-workshop 42 - Tandem + Instructor, Kosovo, Prizeren, From 21 Apr 2018 until 30 Apr 2018 i
- Pro-course 43 - Tandem, Argentina, El Bolson, patagonia, From 12 Feb 2018 until 16 Feb 2018
- Pro-course 38 - Tandem + Instructor, Greece, N.Panteleimonas ,60065 Pieria Olympus, From 19 Nov 2017 until 28 Nov 2017 i
- Pro-workshop 40 - Tandem, Bulgaria, sopot, From 20 Oct 2017 until 27 Oct 2017
- Pro-workshop 39 - Tandem + Instructor, Spain, Ager, From 16 Oct 2017 until 28 Oct 2017 i
- Pro-workshop 28 - Tandem + Instructor, United States, Salt Lake City, Utah, From 01 Apr 2017 until 10 Apr 2017 i
- Pro-workshop 30 - Tandem + Instructor, Greece, Paleos Panteleimonas, Mount Olympus, From 01 Apr 2017 until 10 Apr 2017 i
- Pro-workshop 31 - Tandem + Instructor, Colombia, Jerico, Antioquia, From 02 Mar 2017 until 11 Mar 2017 i
- Pro-workshop 26 - Tandem + Instructor, Mexico, Valle de Bravo, México, From 24 Oct 2016 until 02 Nov 2016 i
- Pro-workshop 27 - Tandem + Instructor, Iran, Teheran, From 13 Oct 2016 until 23 Oct 2016 i
- Pro-workshop 23 - Tandem + Instructor, Dominican Republic, Jarabacoa, From 01 Jun 2016 until 09 Jun 2016 i
- Pro-workshop 13 - Tandem + Instructor, United States, Salt Lake City, From 21 May 2016 until 30 May 2016 i
- Pro-workshop 18 - Tandem + Instructor, Russia, Verhniy Chegem, North Caucasus area, From 01 May 2016 until 10 May 2016
- Pro-workshop 19 - Tandem + Instructor, Greece, Sikaminea, Mount Olympus area, From 03 Apr 2016 until 12 Apr 2016
- Pro-workshop 20 - Tandem + Instructor, India, Kamshet, From 28 Mar 2016 until 04 Apr 2016 i
- Pro-workshop 12 - Tandem + Instructor, Argentina, El Boson, Patagonia, From 04 Dec 2015 until 12 Dec 2015 i
- Pro-workshop 14 - Tandem + Instructor, Turkey, Oludeniz, From 16 Oct 2015 until 22 Oct 2015 i
- Pro-workshop 11 - Tandem + Instructor, Bulgaria, Sopot, From 15 Sep 2015 until 30 Sep 2015
- Pro-workshop 10 - Tandem + Instructor, Greece, Sikaminea, Mount Olympus area, From 06 Jun 2015 until 12 Jun 2015 i
- Pro-workshop 7 - Tandem, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, From 05 May 2015 until 11 May 2015
- Pro-workshop 5 - Tandem, Colombia, Medellin, From 09 Mar 2015 until 16 Mar 2015 i
- Pro-workshop 6 - Tandem + Instructor, Philippines, Mindanao, Sarangani Bay, Safi ranch, From 06 Mar 2015 until 08 Mar 2015 i
- Pro-workshop 9 - Tandem, Colombia, Roldanillo, From 01 Dec 2014 until 10 Dec 2014 i
- Pro-workshop 4 - Tandem, China, Hangzhou, From 30 Aug 2014 until 04 Sep 2014 i
- Pro-workshop 2 - Instructor, Montenegro, Herceg Novi, From 07 Apr 2014 until 14 Apr 2014 i
- Pro-workshop 8 - Tandem, Colombia, Cocorna, From 01 Mar 2014 until 10 Mar 2014
- Pro-workshop 1 - Tandem + Instructor, Ecuador, Ibarra, From 09 Dec 2013 until 21 Dec 2013 i